Front-end Web Developer
JUL 2017–PRESENT — Southlake, TX
Global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry.
Graphic designer & front-end web developer
Miller Ad Agency
JUN 2014–JUL 2017 (3.2yr) — Dallas, TX
Full-service advertising agency.
- Constructed developmental workflow systems for proper SemVer codebase management using industry-standard build tools and software, including: SCSS/SASS, PostCSS, Gulp, Babel, & Git.
- Deployed Wordpress websites using popular plugins, like WooCommerce and Elementor Page Builder. Assembled projects with custom PHP code and Wordpress syntax for efficient ecosystems, including: conditional style and script enqueuing, dynamically-updated author profiles, custom post taxonomies, etc.
- Instructed intra-agency training for team members on WordPress CMS content design, creation, and publishing.
- Played key role in the redesign, development, and launch of GoodwillDallas.org on DotNetNuke; an open-source CMS based on Microsoft’s ASP.NET platform.
- Designed advertising projects in alignment with account executives, task-specific guidelines, and customer priorities; including, but not limited to: web and retargeting banners, email marketing, direct mail, print materials, billboards, and newspapers, logos, branding, and style-guides, online video and on-air television graphics.
- Researched and implemented new cloud-based to-do tracking system, thereby reducing creative team errors and increasing productivity.
ONE World Sports
OCT 2010–MAR 2014 (3.6yr) — Fort Worth, TX
Multi-channel television corporation bringing top sports from overseas to the US.
- Created multi-page direct mailers, posters, web materials, and more for ONE World Sports’ cable launch on DISH Network, Mediacomm, and Optimum TV.
- Directed and developed the ONE World Sports website redesign with Wordpress CMS platform in collaboration with marketing to meet the deadlines of social media and blogging.
- Constructed banners, graphics, and additional elements for all the websites under the parent company, ONE Media Corp.
- Served as key member of team in launching promotional assets for the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011; an event aired on US national television.
- Designed materials promoting ONE CONNXT in annual national and international trade-shows; including Dubai’s CABSAT, Singapore’s CommunicAsia, and Europe’s IBC.
Founder, Writer, Editor, Podcast Host
NOV 2009–NOV 2011 (2yr) — Local & Remote
Video game editorial and news website I created late 2009; starting out as a simple weekly audio podcast and evolving into a 10+ contributor blog.
- Managed contributing freelance writers and edited their work prior to publication.
- Covered local industry events; such as the Fantastic Arcade and Texas Pinball Festival.
- Scheduled, hosted, and recorded a weekly industry-focused podcast.
- Crafted and deployed The Nerdemic’s visual branding and website.
- Managed website traffic and SEO operations.
Blue Moose Tees
OCT 2009 – JUN 2010 (9mo) — Arlington, TX
Design, print, and production apparel shop.
- Managed company’s online portfolio.
- Designed client-specific graphic t-shirt orders ready for print.
- Recreated low-resolution and pixelated high school logos in Illustrator for use.
NOV 2008–OCT 2009
Associate’s degree, Graphic Design & Multimedia.